March 18, 2012

Podcast | Album Review | Trust: TRST

(Arts & Crafts)

In this second five minute podcast from The Gamut's Aristotle Eliopoulos, we'll be listening to the new debut from buzzing Toronto based band Trust, titled TRST, released on independent Canadian label, Arts & Crafts.

You can listen to and download the new podcast episode below!


Show Notes

00:01 - Introduction and welcome

00:30 - What do we know about the band Trust?

01:17 - Trust and their inspirations on TRST

01:50 - TRST as an album

03:03 - Standout tracks
  • "Dressed for Space"
  • "Bulbform"
  • "Candy Walls"
  • "Heaven"
04:03 - Concluding Remarks and star rating

04:26 - How to suscribe and next podcast episode


WATCH: Trust | "Candy Walls"

Articles Cited
1) Arrazola, Luis-Enrique. "Trust: 'It's the Sound of Rats Running up A mountain'"National Post. Postmedia Network Inc., 1 Mar. 2012. Web. 17 Mar. 2012. <http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/03/01/trust-its-the-sound-of-rats-running-up-a-mountain/>.

2) Ritchie, Kevin. "Trust: Local Duo Emerges from the Jaze with New LP." NOW Magazine. NOW Communications Inc., 1 Mar. 2012. Web. 17 Mar. 2012. <http://www.nowtoronto.com/music/story.cfm?content=185482>.

3) Miller, Aaron. "Trust TRST AC068." Arts & Crafts. Arts & Crafts Biography. Web. 17 Mar. 2012. <http://www.arts-crafts.ca/artists/pdf/TRUST_BIO.pdf>.

"The Gamut" introduction music created by Aristotle Eliopoulos, in GarageBand.

2 comments:

  1. Aristotle, I found your podcast very interesting! I actually quite liked the song, even though when you said "goth" I had my doubts about whether I would want to listen to it or not. The voice is quite deep, but I agree, it did work more because the course was empty. Thanks for showing me something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm a loser but the first thing that struck me about your podcast was how lovely your music was and how soothing I found your voice. Really, quite the lovely voice. It adds something to the podcast when it's a pleasure to just listen to it.

    In the podcast you tossed around a lot of sources and a lot of quotes that mentioned the band. But it was done in a way that I was never once confused or overwhelmed by the information that you presented, I was always following along with you and felt like I was being guided nicely throughout the podcast.

    I thought your reference to the Swedish band Knife was a nice touch. I had no idea who they were until you mentioned them (I have since googled them) but for some reason at the time the reference just gave you so much authority in my mind. I also really liked how you ended your podcast, particularly giving your listeners the next album you would be reviewing in advance, so that they can do their homework.

    Overall you can tell that you really know what your talking about in your podcasts, and you do a great job teaching my musically challenged brain something about independent pop music. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete